[arch-general] New 2008.10 archboot test iso/img files

Roman Kyrylych roman.kyrylych at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 10:02:29 EDT 2008

2008/10/21 James Rayner <iphitus at iphitus.org>:
> On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 10:05 PM, Tobias Powalowski <t.powa at gmx.de> wrote:
>>>
>>> Yes, it was moved there after it was released.
>>> The subdirectory was created to not mix isos generated with
>>> archboot and archiso (official since previous release)
>> It's also still in testing phase so it's only hosted there, im waiting for
>> some feedback before pushing it to the main mirrors.
>
> why the Arch main mirrors? archboot is not the official install CD and
> it'll just generate confusion. Some people are testing it because it's
> dressed up like the official disc and they're under the impression it
> is.

All software from projects.archlinux.org is hosted in /other on main
arch mirror,
so why not host an isos generated with one of those projects on the same mirror?
Previous version was sitting in the same directory as official iso,
and there were no complaints AFAIR,
this one will be in a subdirectory, so I don't really see any problem with it.

--
Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)