[arch-general] Problem with loading modules in 2.6.27

solsTiCe d'Hiver solstice.dhiver at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 05:58:35 EDT 2008

Le jeudi 30 octobre 2008 à 07:20 +0530, Shridhar Daithankar a écrit :
> I have noticed a strange pause after either loading modules or loading
> standard ACPI modules. It started happening after I upgraded to 2.6.27. When I
> hit enter, the boot continues normally. It does not happen everytime but 1 in
> 3 boots, it "hangs".

i just want to add that :
here since the upgrade i notice that i almost always have the acpid
daemon that FAIL when started when i boot up.
it shows the error in the console
acpid: can't open /proc/acpi/event: Device or ressource busy.

if i restart it manually. it works.
it was working before this upgrade without error with my current setup.
acpid is the last in DAEMONS list