[arch-general] taglib-rcc

Charly Ghislain charlyghislain at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 11:39:02 EDT 2008

hi,

I see we have taglib-rcc in community. I dont know why, but i had it
installed for some time. Then, without recent upgrade (still at 1.5-1), it
began to get crazy, making my music application hang there:
http://pastebin.com/m14e619a9.

Reverting to unpatched taglib solved the problem. Maybe someone can
confirm that this package is broken - you can test any apps using taglib (
juk, amarok, moc player come to my mind)

But i also ask the purpose of this package as i cant find any other depending
on it. Why did it enter the repo? If the broken state is confirmed, maybe we
should think about removing it.

Regards,

Charly