[arch-general] Fwd: taglib-rcc

Charly Ghislain charlyghislain at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 05:16:57 EDT 2008

hi,

I see we have taglib-rcc in community. I dont know why, but i had it
installed for some time. Then, without recent upgrade (still at
1.5-1), it began to get crazy, making my music application hang there:
http://pastebin.com/m14e619a9.

Reverting to unpatched taglib solved the problem. Maybe someone can
confirm that this package is broken - you can test any apps using
taglib ( juk, amarok, moc player come to my mind)

But i also ask the purpose of this package as i cant find any other
depending on it. Why did it enter the repo? If the broken state is
confirmed, maybe we should think about removing it.

Regards,

Charly