[arch-general] netcfg 2.1.1 problem

Ondřej Kučera ondrej.kucera at centrum.cz
Mon Sep 29 02:59:47 EDT 2008

Hello,

after upgrading netcfg from 2.0.6 to 2.1.1 I can no longer connect to my
wireless router (luckily downgrading back solves it). I know I should
file a bug report and I will, I only wanted to ask what information is
relevant, for output of which programs I should look, etc. Unfortunately
I know almost nothing about wireless networks or how netcfg really works
but when I was trying to manually do the interesting steps that I found
in /usr/lib/network/wireless.subr, it seemed to me that the problem
occurs in wpa_check() where wpa_cli status always returns SCANNING until
it all times out. For some reason this doesn't happen with netcfg 2.0.6
so I suppose the previous steps that prepare everything do something in
a different way.

Ondřej

--
Cheers,