[arch-general] netcfg 2.1.1 problem

James Rayner iphitus at iphitus.org
Mon Sep 29 03:56:59 EDT 2008

2008/9/28 Ondřej Kučera <ondrej.kucera at centrum.cz>:
> Hello,
>
> after upgrading netcfg from 2.0.6 to 2.1.1 I can no longer connect to my
> wireless router (luckily downgrading back solves it). I know I should file a
> bug report and I will, I only wanted to ask what information is relevant,
> for output of which programs I should look, etc. Unfortunately I know almost
> nothing about wireless networks or how netcfg really works but when I was
> trying to manually do the interesting steps that I found in
> /usr/lib/network/wireless.subr, it seemed to me that the problem occurs in
> wpa_check() where wpa_cli status always returns SCANNING until it all times
> out. For some reason this doesn't happen with netcfg 2.0.6 so I suppose the
> previous steps that prepare everything do something in a different way.

What driver?

http://archlinux.org/news/410/

The major change between 2.1 and 2.0 is that any driver specific
workarounds/hacks have been disabled by default. You can re-enable
them using the QUIRKS array documented on the wiki.

http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Network_Profiles#Driver_Quirks_.28netcfg_2.1_and_later.29