[arch-general] netcfg 2.1.1 problem

Ondřej Kučera ondrej.kucera at centrum.cz
Mon Sep 29 07:29:23 EDT 2008

Hi,

James Rayner wrote:
> What driver?
>
> http://archlinux.org/news/410/
>
> The major change between 2.1 and 2.0 is that any driver specific
> workarounds/hacks have been disabled by default. You can re-enable
> them using the QUIRKS array documented on the wiki.
>
> http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Network_Profiles#Driver_Quirks_.28netcfg_2.1_and_later.29

Aah, thanks. I actually read the news but then forgot all about it
since. Anyway just for the record, my driver is iwl3945 and what helped
was QUIRKS=(preessid wpaessid) (I'm writing this because I couldn't
google it, I had to try a couple of different combinations, this way
Google should index the maillist archive sooner or later and maybe it
could help someone).

Ondřej

--
Cheers,