[arch-general] Sick of xf86-video-intel? Use the framebuffer device!

Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi vmlinuz386 at yahoo.com.ar
Wed Apr 1 20:32:14 EDT 2009

Pierre Schmitz wrote:
> The problem is: you have to compile your own kernel. The stock kernel
> provides the intelfb module but you cannot use it because vesafb is
> compiled in. I did not find a way to work around this. As soon as you
> start the kernel with a vga=XXX parameter vesafb gets loaded and other fb
> drivers cannot work.

Hi Pierre,

I don't have a Intel VGA for test, but...

Do you try with kernel option "video=intelfb:mode=NNxNN" (important!
without vga= option) don't work for you?

Or vesafb is always loaded first, then when intelfb is loaded and it fails?

--
Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi ( djgera )
http://www.djgera.com.ar