[arch-general] Sick of xf86-video-intel? Use the framebuffer device!

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Thu Apr 2 02:21:22 EDT 2009

Am Donnerstag, 2. April 2009 02:32:14 schrieb Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi:
> Do you try with kernel option "video=intelfb:mode=NNxNN" (important!
> without vga= option) don't work for you?
>
> Or vesafb is always loaded first, then when intelfb is loaded and it fails?

Sure I did try. The kernel doc seems a little unclear or just outdated here.
This mode stuff seems to be only for analog screen devices. In a loptop you
normaly have a digital one. For those you need the vaga= line.

One would need something like

video=vesafb:off,intelfb vga=792

But this syntax does not exist.

--