[arch-general] xf86-video-intel very slow

Jaime Oyarzun Knittel joyarzun at alumnos.inf.utfsm.cl
Mon Apr 13 20:31:50 EDT 2009

Hi!

I have been experiencing slowdowns with the (new) xf86-video-intel
driver (everything else updated). I had to move to
xf86-video-intel-legacy driver because with this one I can play 1080p
movies and enable desktop effects in KDE and play flash games and
videos... which I couldn't with the newest driver.

So xf86-video-intel is still buggy, I own a Thinkpad x61 with an Intel
x3100 video card.

How can I help in seeing what is the problem (logfiles, recompile with
debug options, etc.)?

Thank you very much!

--
Jaime Oyarzun Knittel