[arch-general] Small laptops running archy?

Christos Nouskas nouskas at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 18:57:06 EDT 2009

Maurí­cio wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Do you had any experience using darcs on these
> small Eee-like notebooks? Is there someone I
> should avoid?

 I've had complete success installing arch on Acer Aspire One and MSI
Wind. The latter needed rtl8187se for the wireless card which is readily
available in AUR. That was the only piece of hardware not supported by the
stock kernel, but that was a few months ago, before 2.6.29-ARCH hit the
road.

> Do you think those which come with Linux instaled are
> always sure to run any Linux distro?

 Fear not, even if it's only sold with windows, it surely runs linux. But
don't buy a windows netbook if you plan to install linux; save your extra
money from microsoft and improve linux statistics.

--
   #######