[arch-general] vi - Howto make past from clipboard work??

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Tue Apr 21 04:14:39 EDT 2009

Listmates,

	One thing I have to fix is vi's behavior of wanting to go into visual mode
ever time I try to select something and vi's refusal to paste the clipboard in
insert mode using the middle mouse button. I know this must be a basic
configuration setting somewhere? I've looked for /etc/vimrc and ~/.vimrc but
all I found was ~/.viminfo and that didn't help.

	So... hoping not to have to reinvent the wheel, where is this setting hiding??

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC