[arch-general] vi went Orange on me?? Never seen it before -- what is it?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Tue Apr 21 14:28:09 EDT 2009

Listmates:

	I'm kind of chuckling at this one. I did a simple substitution in vi on
2009.02 to comment out a few samba shares I wasn't going to use from a smb.conf
I copied over. I simply used ':35,72s/^/# /' and then -- Orange appeared over
all the comments and leading whitespace in the file. See (38k):

http://nirvana.3111skyline.com/download/screenshots/archlinux/vi-orange.jpg

	What is the magic that makes this happen and ... more important ... how do I
turn it off? I don't even know what setting to start looking for on this one?
Anybody else run across this?

	In case the environment is important to the answer, I on my laptop running
openSuSE 11.0 using konsole on kde 3.5.10 and using ssh to open a terminal to
my new archlinux box. Dunno? Maybe that makes a difference?

	Any thoughts on this one are welcomed. Thanks.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC