[arch-general] ksplash SIGSEGV on KDE start, howo fix?

Bram Schoenmakers lists at bramschoenmakers.nl
Thu Apr 23 14:22:34 EDT 2009

On Thursday 23 April 2009 18:35:04 David C. Rankin wrote:

Hello David,

> Thanks Bram, DR,
>
> 	I've attached the backtrace from the kplash crash:
>
> ksplash.kcrash (3.4k)

Thank you. It seems this is a different problem than I encountered the other
day.

This looks like a splash specific problem (Flexible Plugin for KSplash [1]),
and it should be reported to the author(s) of that splash screen. If you do
so, I'd suggest to install kdemod3-kdelibs-debug and create a new backtrace,
before you submit it.
As a sidenote, the problem could be triggered by a packaging problem, for
instance that the translations are not properly included. Just a shot in the
dark.

To work around this problem right now, I'd suggest to change the splash screen
in the KDE Control Centre.

[1] http://kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=20623

Kind regards,

--
Bram Schoenmakers

What is mind? No matter. What is matter? Never mind.
(Punch, 1855)