[arch-general] ksplash SIGSEGV on KDE start, howo fix?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Thu Apr 23 18:14:15 EDT 2009

Bram Schoenmakers wrote:
> On Thursday 23 April 2009 18:35:04 David C. Rankin wrote:
>
> Hello David,
>
>> Thanks Bram, DR,
>>
>> 	I've attached the backtrace from the kplash crash:
>>
>> ksplash.kcrash (3.4k)
>
> Thank you. It seems this is a different problem than I encountered the other
> day.
>
> This looks like a splash specific problem (Flexible Plugin for KSplash [1]),
> and it should be reported to the author(s) of that splash screen. If you do
> so, I'd suggest to install kdemod3-kdelibs-debug and create a new backtrace,
> before you submit it.
> As a sidenote, the problem could be triggered by a packaging problem, for
> instance that the translations are not properly included. Just a shot in the
> dark.
>
> To work around this problem right now, I'd suggest to change the splash screen
> in the KDE Control Centre.
>
> [1] http://kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=20623
>
> Kind regards,

Bram,

	Not having filed with http://bugs.archlinux.org/ before, is there anything
special I need to do to make sure it is "reported to the author(s) of that
splash screen"? I presume it works like any other bugzilla, but is there
something beyond that I should know to make sure it gets to the right place?

	I've installed kdemod3-kdelibs-debug and I will gather a new backtrace to
submit. Thank you for your help!

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC