[arch-general] Crud! Rebooted Can't Login - No Mouse or Keyboard with kdm??

Andrei Thorp garoth at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 14:53:51 EDT 2009

I think I might have mentioned this to you before, but if you think
your boot speed is fast compared with SUSE now, put some @s in front
of some of the things in your boot process. Try:

DAEMONS=(syslog-ng network hal @sshd @crond @avahi-daemon @mysqld @samba
@sensors kdm3)

Note:
 - I removed netfs -- do you need mounting of network filesystems in
your boot process?
 - I removed dbus -- as I said several posts back, you shouldn't have
both hal and dbus, since hal starts dbus.
 - the @ signs will background processes. I asked it to start your
log, network, hal, and kdm3 normally. I don't think the ordering of
anything else particularly matters here, so I put @ signs in front of
them. This will probably make your boot time about half of what it is
now.

Cheers.

-AT