[arch-general] "pkgdyn" a set of scripts for analysis of ELF deps in pkgs.

Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi vmlinuz386 at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Apr 23 23:45:05 EDT 2009

Hi,

This is a set of draft scripts that I use to find/extract some data of
ELF files from packages.
For example:

* Find all packages that needed inexistent shared objects because a
soname bump in libraries.
* Generate a report for all packages per repo that in case of soname
bump , needs to be rebuild.
* Find ELF files that are outside the allowed paths (for example ELF in
/usr/share)
* Find RPATH in packages, with a simple "awk" can generate a report etc.

* Other task with "temporary data generated", but there are no scripts
at this time, are only "at command line runtime".
Can be easily construct with awk, of your preferer lang.

It use files in analysis so, if a ELF needed a "soname" that are
symlink, this are reported (tho only case here are courier-maildrop,
just ignore it)

http://archlinux.djgera.com.ar/pkgdyn/

Sample data and generated DB by "dynup.bash" is uploaded, extract in
"pkgdyn" directory.
The dyunp.bash can make DB from empty DB, or update the DB, deleting old
entries and inserting news.

Is in "public domain": so use it, modify it, copy it, no problem.
Sugestions, improvements, dudes, write me.

PS1: Exception here: (this report as missing, but is a "optdepend in
community")
extra/gnome-speech-0.4.25-1:NEEDED libespeak.so.1

PS2: All missing deps I already reported and many of [community] have
been fixed. Congrats TU!

Cheers,

--
Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi ( djgera )