[arch-general] Handling optional dependencies with pacman?

Andrei Thorp garoth at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 21:54:06 EDT 2009

Well, they're optional dependencies. Generally, I don't want them
installed, if you mean that pacman should install them automatically.

If you mean more that there should be a way to manually install
optional dependencies sanely in some way, I agree. I think, though,
the problem's not installing them but rather tracking them. Allan's
opt dep tracking proposal at the given wiki link sounds like a really
good plan though. I'm all for that, nothing further is needed.

-AT