[arch-general] kdemod3-complete install - many duplicates in kde menu

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Fri Apr 24 01:44:46 EDT 2009

Listmates,

	After installing kde3 with "pacman -S kdemod3-complete", I was rearranging and
ordering the kde menu with 'kmenuedit' and ran across a number of duplicate
entries created during the install. The following isn't a complete list, but
probably catches 80-90% of the duplicate entries. The following were each
duplicated one (or more) times by the installer in various places within the
kde menu:

KPalmDOC
KPilot
KNotes
KArm
KAlarm
Kandy
Xgnokii
KNotes
Dictionary
KTnef
Korn
Kontact
KDE Groupware Wizard

	I don't know who does kdemod3, but if it will help, I have gone through and
removed most of the duplicates and sorted the kde menu into a few additional
folders to get rid of the ton of files that were under 'utilities' and I have
also moved all the packages in the catchall 'More Applications' and 'Lost &
Found' folders to new homes in the menu. I have put a copy of the new
~/.config/menus/applications-kmenuedit.menu on the web site if anybody wants to
grab pieces from it or compare it to the original.

http://www.3111skyline.com/download/ArchLinux/fixes/menus/applications-kmenuedit.menu

	HTHs, if not, just hit delete... No troll comments necessary or appreciated.
Thanks.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC