[arch-general] What's with kdemod packages and kdemod plasmoids?

Alexander Kotlerman shura1990 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 24 02:23:11 EDT 2009

I've got a question for everyone:

Why is it that kdemod is not cleanly packaged in arch linux? I mean, I try to install kdemod-extragear group but I can't beacuse there are conflicts: packages like kdemod-extragear-bespin, kdemod-extragear-bespin-svn, and kdemod-extragear-bespin-svn are all part of kdemod-extragear and prevent the whole group from installing. The same goes for plasmoids. I cannot install kdemod-plasmoids because it takes doubles and pacman complains that a file exists in both packages! Another reason for this rant is plasmoids not being to run at all. My lancelot plasmoid does not work at all! It just comes up with "can not find required component: lancelot_launcher"

Anyone want to take a stab at this?

 Alexander Kotlerman (Shura)