[arch-general] Help with /etc/fonts.conf

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Tue Apr 28 02:00:19 EDT 2009

Listmates,

	I have several additional fonts in /usr/local/share/fonts that I want
configured for the system. I found /etc/fonts/fonts.conf and
/etc/fonts/conf.d/51-local.conf, but I'm unsure about the placement of my
<dir></dir> location in the local.conf file. Currently I have chosen:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE fontconfig SYSTEM "fonts.dtd">
<fontconfig>
	<!-- Load local system customization file -->
	<include ignore_missing="yes">local.conf</include>
		<dir>/usr/local/share/fonts</dir>
</fontconfig>

	My question is "does it matter whether the <dir> statement comes before or
after the <include> and what do I need to do after I add the <dir> statement in
51-local.conf to make the system create a new font config?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC