[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] How the use of "provides" can damage the dependency tree

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Sun Aug 2 16:41:22 EDT 2009

Am Sonntag 02 August 2009 22:16:06 schrieb Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi:
> Allan McRae wrote:
> > Pierre Schmitz wrote:
> >>
> >> That's where the link database would help a lot.
> >
> > Or the rebuild script I have posted which scans all the packages in
> > the repos in a few minutes.
>
> Or visit this url to check the deps of the desired pkg
> http://archlinux.djgera.com.ar/pkgdyn/out/i686/core/heimdal-1.2.1-5
> http://archlinux.djgera.com.ar/pkgdyn/out/x86_64/core/openssl-0.9.8k-4
> etc, etc.
>
> http://archlinux.djgera.com.ar/pkgdyn/out/
>
> That I update it regulary, 1-3 times per week, depending of amount of
> pkgs that are updated in repos.

Do you think your script could use archives created by this one:
http://users.archlinux.de/~pierre/tmp/createLinkLists.txt

It creates a simple raw format to work with and is incremental and quite fast.
One could apply your changes to the getlinks() function and maybe one could
run the links file through sort -u. The goal would be to have such archives on
the mirror and analyse its data by tools like yours.

--

Pierre Schmitz, http://users.archlinux.de/~pierre