[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] How the use of "provides" can damage the dependency tree

Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi vmlinuz386 at yahoo.com.ar
Wed Aug 5 22:32:22 EDT 2009

Pierre Schmitz wrote:
> Am Sonntag 02 August 2009 22:16:06 schrieb Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi:
>
>> Allan McRae wrote:

>>> Or the rebuild script I have posted which scans all the packages in
>>> the repos in a few minutes.
>>>
>> Or visit this url to check the deps of the desired pkg
>> http://archlinux.djgera.com.ar/pkgdyn/out/i686/core/heimdal-1.2.1-5
>> http://archlinux.djgera.com.ar/pkgdyn/out/x86_64/core/openssl-0.9.8k-4
>> etc, etc.
>>
>> http://archlinux.djgera.com.ar/pkgdyn/out/
>>
>> That I update it regulary, 1-3 times per week, depending of amount of
>> pkgs that are updated in repos.
>>

> Do you think your script could use archives created by this one:
> http://users.archlinux.de/~pierre/tmp/createLinkLists.txt
>
> It creates a simple raw format to work with and is incremental and quite fast.
> One could apply your changes to the getlinks() function and maybe one could
> run the links file through sort -u. The goal would be to have such archives on
> the mirror and analyse its data by tools like yours.

Hi Pierre,

Yes, but the problem is that with my scripts I do more tasks with the
extracted info from ELFs. for now, the dt_needed, dt_soname and dt_rpath
are only used.
The deps are first located with sonames and not based diretly on
filenames. So I can know what libs don't have sonames for example, or if
new lib have soname but not the old (example of this libs from boost).

PS: Sorry for the delay, I started working back in school again after
the holidays :)

--
Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi ( djgera )
http://www.djgera.com.ar