[arch-general] any packages on the repo are duplicated

Roman Kyrylych roman.kyrylych at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 14:33:47 EDT 2009

2009/8/4 Angel Velásquez <angvp at archlinux.com.ve>:
> Ok I found a solution! (I swear this is my last quiote of myself in
> this thread hehe).
>
> I did these steps:
>
> 1) entered on i686,x86_64 dirs under extra and and delete *-any.pkg.tar.gz
> 2) edited the mirrorsync script and deleted safe-links option
> 3) run the script again
>
> And everything worked again.
>
> In my local mirror I wasn't syncing testing, iso and other dirs, so I
> went to the second case of the script, .. the first case (which syncs
> everything) works fine, is respecting the symlinks, the second case
> should now be update on wiki page, can I do this? or I have to fill a
> bug report, can somebody confirm this?.
>
> Thanks anyway and sorry for this issue

Full mirror sync in that script uses these rsync options:
-rptLv --delete-after --delay-updates

Per-repository sync uses these rsync options:
-rptlv --safe-links --delete-after --delay-updates

>From rsync --help:
 -l, --links                 copy symlinks as symlinks
 -L, --copy-links            transform symlink into referent file/dir
     --safe-links            ignore symlinks that point outside the source tree

So if I understood correctly we should change -L to -l
and remove --safe-links which is what I'll do now on the wiki.

--
Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)