[arch-general] system-tools-backends

Biru Ionut biru.ionut at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 03:18:16 EDT 2009

Muhammad Qadri wrote:
> I was told that there was some talk some time ago about problems with
> system-tools-backends on one of the lists, but I wasn't able to find
> it. I'm looking to try and get those working fully/properly (cause the
> perl backend's pretty easy to understand...don't ask).
>
> I was wondering if people who use gnome-system-tools (or anything else
> that uses system-tools-backends / liboobs) could let me know what
> problems they've been facing with it.
>
> Note that there's been a recent update to it, so the whole "Nothing
> shows up" problem should no longer be there.
>
> Thanks,
> MAQ.
hi,
as a packager(recently i fix this package) i've seen that the build
process is kinda broken. some of the man pages was copy in /share rather
than the usual directory where all others man pages are
/usr/share/system-tools-backends-2.0/modules/share. This was my primary
problem and i've seen that --mandir again wasn't work as espected.

there were a problem that made it not work properly but was a
configuration issue and was fixed by patching system-tools-backends.conf.

a discussion is on forum at:
http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=73612&p=1

--
Ionut