[arch-general] Can I downgrade the nvidia driver w/o downgrading the kernel?

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 04:05:38 EDT 2009

On Sat, Aug 22, 2009 at 3:16 AM, Denis A. Altoé
Falqueto<denisfalqueto at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, Nezmer.
>
> I didn't understand what you mean. Did you suggest to uninstall the
> official nvidia package before all the instructions you cite? I think
> that would not afect the compilation, because the new package is built
> on a fakeroot environment, isolated from the real system. But I may
> have misunderstood you.

I don't think it would affect the compilation either. But not for the
reason you give. Simply because most packages are not compiled against
themselves.

BTW fakeroot is not an environment isolated from the real system - man fakeroot
    fakeroot  -  run a command in an environment faking root
privileges for file manipulation