[arch-general] bluetooth pairing with cellphone

vlad vla at uni-bonn.de
Mon Aug 24 13:31:37 EDT 2009

hi,

On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 07:23:58PM +0200, Dieter Plaetinck wrote:

> Thanks for the idea.  But i'm trying to avoid any additional apps.
> I mean, it _should_ work with bluez-simple-agent.
> and obexfs kicks the ass of any tool such as phonetooth :)
> (it mounts your phone as a fuse filesystem)
sorry, i cannot give you any constructive advice.
but none of the common applications worked for me.
so i ended up using phonetooth. bluetooth is one of the hackiest things
under linux.
when i used kde3 kdebluetooth did a very good job. with kde4 it doesn't
work at all (though i haven't tried it for months).

vlad