[arch-general] Howto adjust font scaling in Arch? All fonts look a bit big and fat?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Mon Aug 24 15:43:31 EDT 2009

Listmates,

	I'm looking for a way to adjust the font size scaling (no not the control center font size) so all the fonts in my kde4 desktop look right. Basically, in Arch kde4 on my laptop, all fonts look 1pt too big. Case in point, on suse, I have all my desktop fonts set to 9pt, but with Arch, I have the size set at 8pt and they still look bigger than the suse fonts (same fonts of course, same subpixel hinting setting, etc...).

	Is there somewhere that some type of scaling is done that I can tweak to try and fix this? The effect of the larger scaling makes everthing from the kmail message list to the basket notepad fonts look cramped. Any thoughts?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC