[arch-general] SBCL orphaned for i686?

Ionut Biru ibiru at archlinux.org
Tue Dec 1 16:22:23 EST 2009

On 12/01/2009 11:17 PM, Leslie P. Polzer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm part of the Paktahn development team; Paktahn is a yaourt-like
> frontend to Arch package management written in Common Lisp.
>
> At the moment SBCL is our main deployment Lisp, and we depend on
> the 1.0.32 release of SBCL because this release includes a critical
> patch.
>
> We have noticed that SBCL i686 in extra is now marked as "orphaned".
>
> If this is true, what are the implications of it? Will SBCL for i686
> move to AUR/Community? And can we do anything to remedy this situation
> in order to get SBCL 1.0.32/.33 in soon?
>
>    Thank you!
>
>      Leslie

a package being orphaned doesn't really imply that is not maintained. I
see that x86_64 has a maintainer and i think that he forgot to adopt it
or this package was a part on a massive orphaning that happened couples
of days ago(some bug in the interface).

If you want to help, send an updated version of PKGBUILD to the
maintainer email, maybe he didn't have time. Eventually will be updated