[arch-general] xf86-input-evdev conflicts with xorg-server. Remove xorg-server?

Arvid Picciani aep at exys.org
Tue Dec 1 17:58:20 EST 2009

Jan de Groot wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-12-01 at 19:45 +0100, Arvid Picciani wrote:
>> nope. The hal crap has been added to X a while ago as "optional"
>> (meaning X would just freeze without it, but at least pretend to
>> start)
>> , but the forced dependency is new (as in, it doesnt start when
>> compiled
>> with hal, but no hal present).
>> The difference is that previously you could get get away with a hack
>> in
>> xorg.conf without having to rebuild xorg without --enable-config-hal
>
> Looks like nobody ever reads documentation. Read the freaking wiki link
> posted when upgrading/installing xorg-server and you'll know you can
> disable hal interaction from xorg.conf with one single option. Is it
> that hard?

hah there he is seeking the frontal battle.

counter point: Looks like no one ever reads mails completely before
assuming the other side is a complete moron.
Where did i say i have a problem related to that upgrade?
In fact, let me requote that to prove you didnt read it.

Jan de Groot wrote:
 > and you'll know you can
 > disable hal interaction from xorg.conf with one single option.

Thanks for being so smart and education me though!

--
Arvid
Asgaard Technologies