[arch-general] xf86-input-evdev conflicts with xorg-server. Remove xorg-server?

Smith Dhumbumroong zodmaner at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 16:26:42 EST 2009

On Tue, 01 Dec 2009 23:58:20 +0100
Arvid Picciani <aep at exys.org> wrote:

> Jan de Groot wrote:
> > On Tue, 2009-12-01 at 19:45 +0100, Arvid Picciani wrote:
> >> nope. The hal crap has been added to X a while ago as "optional"
> >> (meaning X would just freeze without it, but at least pretend to
> >> start)
> >> , but the forced dependency is new (as in, it doesnt start when
> >> compiled
> >> with hal, but no hal present).
> >> The difference is that previously you could get get away with a
> >> hack in
> >> xorg.conf without having to rebuild xorg without
> >> --enable-config-hal
> >
> > Looks like nobody ever reads documentation. Read the freaking wiki
> > link posted when upgrading/installing xorg-server and you'll know
> > you can disable hal interaction from xorg.conf with one single
> > option. Is it that hard?
> >

> hah there he is seeking the frontal battle.
>
> counter point: Looks like no one ever reads mails completely before
> assuming the other side is a complete moron.
> Where did i say i have a problem related to that upgrade?
> In fact, let me requote that to prove you didnt read it.
>

>  > On Tue, 2009-12-01 at 19:45 +0100, Arvid Picciani wrote:
>  >> The difference is that previously you could get get away with a
>  >> hack in xorg.conf
>
> Jan de Groot wrote:
>  > and you'll know you can
>  > disable hal interaction from xorg.conf with one single option.
>

> Thanks for being so smart and education me though!

You know, it's really hard to take you seriously (or not being angry at
you) when you keep insulting Arch developers like this, especially when
one considered that all of your "demands", your complains, is really
nothing new.

"Arch is not minimalist enough?" "Arch is no longer being
KISS?" These are all ages-old complains that have been discussed and
debunked to death a lot of time before.

The only _new_ things about your... "rant" are the unprecedented
rudeness and the grudge that you've seem to harbor against some of the
devs.

Seriously, no one from the dev team should have to put up this...