[arch-general] Another rant on arch way abuse and false promises

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Wed Dec 2 03:27:04 EST 2009

Arvid Picciani wrote:
> Jan de Groot wrote:
>
>> Dbus support in wpa-supplicant is not broken. A not working
>> networkmanager is broken. We have to make a choice here, and having
>> broken software isn't the right choice, is it?
>>

> dbus is indeed broken. so its a different tradeof then you suggest.
> Additionaly,  i don't intent to argue about that.

Can you actually point out what is broken with dbus?  That would
actually clarify why you want it removed from cups, because as I
commented in that bug report, the only advantage I see there is saving
4Mb of deps off your system.

So far you opinion means nothing to me as it is only a rant with very
little backing in terms of information.

Allan