[arch-general] conclusion: Another rant on arch way abuse and false promises

Piyush P Kurur ppk at cse.iitk.ac.in
Wed Dec 2 06:45:59 EST 2009

On Wed, Dec 02, 2009 at 12:03:36PM +0100, Arvid Picciani wrote:

>> and may be give it the status that if finally makes to
>> the official Arch repository ?
>
> I'm uncertain about how to handle this right now. It would require a
> mediator for me to contribute to arch as i am incapable of finding common
> ground. You sound like you are able to do that?

  I am a mere user of Arch and as of now have not contributed in any
way to the Arch system. Dont find myself, a hot headed fundamentalist,
in the role of a mediator.

But you can see your xorg-server-antidesktop into the official
packages. Have a look at the wiki for AUR. It clearly says that
packages start as being in AUR and then finally end up in the official
repository after getting enough support.

I think there are others who would also like to have a non hal/dbus
xorg-servers.  They will support you. But please don't fork Arch. The
issue you pointed out is too minor, at least to me, to justify such a
drastic action.

If there aren't many supporters you AUR package will remain there.
That should also be fine, after all world domination is never a goal
with free software. It is just a side-effect.

Regards

ppk