[arch-general] peaceful suggestion to clarify "the arch way" to avoid this to happen AGAIN

Arvid Picciani aep at exys.org
Thu Dec 3 18:08:29 EST 2009

Ng Oon-Ee wrote:

> I actually think the you've been over-focusing on a single part of the
> 'arch way', that its 'all about' minimalism.

then i suggest we remove the statement that it is all about minimalism.

> Throughout this thread the vibe I've been getting for you is that you
> somehow feel disadvantaged and biased-against because dbus/hal exist and
> are selected as options in building general-purpose binaries.

I feel in fact like wasting my time.

I am a very simple person.  I understand "fuck you" very well and can
handle it,  other things like blurry project goals make me act stupid.

> Why is Arch not for the minimalist user?

Because it was officially stated by two arch devs that it is not.

> Because dbus/hal are enabled in
> some packages in binary?

Because its philosophy does not match. That goes way deeper then
arguing vim vs emacs.

Please, can we stop beating it now, and just officialy tell minimalists
to fuck off so everyone can stop wasting their time?

--
Arvid
Asgaard Technologies