[arch-general] peaceful suggestion to clarify "the arch way" to avoid this to happen AGAIN

Ng Oon-Ee ngoonee at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 18:56:21 EST 2009

On Fri, 2009-12-04 at 00:49 +0100, Arvid Picciani wrote:
> Heiko Baums wrote:
>
> > Show me a more minimalist distribution than Arch and Gentoo. I guess
> > you won't find one. And if you did I suggest you switching to this
> > distro.
>
> This is the entire reason i want arch to officialy state that these
> users are not welcome. I want to move on, so we can split up the user
> bases. Ultimately so both sides can continue their life without the
> constant (and i'm meaning constant. this isnt the first time this
> discussion exploded) need to reevaluate if arch should do this or that.
>
> > If Arch doesn't fit your needs then choose another distro or build one
> > by yourself.
>
> It's done. All i want is to settle this in a useful way.

I think that's about all that can be said then. Arch Linux, and its
devs/community, does not dislike (or fail to welcome) minimalist users.
The only users Arch does not welcome are those who don't want to do
their homework, as far as I can see (obviously not you). All users are
welcome to make THEIR Arch install what they want.