[arch-general] [OT] What is wrong with DBus anyway?

Denis A. Altoé Falqueto denisfalqueto at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 21:43:46 EST 2009

2009/12/4 Arvid Picciani <aep at exys.org>:
> http://blogs.igalia.com/itoral/2006/03/30/adding-dbus-support-to-gedit/
>
> priceless finding.
>
> let me sum up:
> "
> - There is feature X which works very well
> - He discovered it doesn't use dbus.
> - He starts work on a very complicated patch that makes it use dbus.

As I understand it, the complexity was related to the fact that GEdit
didn't had DBus support. Of course the first patch will be "complex"
and replace a "working functionality", but for now on, GEdit can
expose events and functions to _any_ other application through DBus.
Just because nobody is using right now, doesn't mean that it will
never be useful.

--
A: Because it obfuscates the reading.
Q: Why is top posting so bad?