[arch-general] [OT] What is wrong with DBus anyway?

Denis A. Altoé Falqueto denisfalqueto at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 22:08:37 EST 2009

On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 12:49 AM, Arvid Picciani <aep at exys.org> wrote:
> Correct me if i'm wrong, but i read that as:
>
> "
> - THe argument is valid
> - but irrelevant because the positive side is some feature no one needs.
> "

You're clearly putting words in my mouth. I didn't said your argument
was valid, rather the contrary. I showed why I think your argument is
_invalid_.. The functionality was not lost and there are advantages
now, without any new disadvantage (because DBus is not inefficient).
The solution they had before was not standard (every app can have a
different one) and the burden to maintain it was on the shoulder of
the developer. Now they have the same functionality with a general
purpose solution that allows other uses, yet not envisioned, but valid
anyway.

So why is that so hard to understand? Or you just don't want to.

--
A: Because it obfuscates the reading.
Q: Why is top posting so bad?