[arch-general] peaceful suggestion to clarify "the arch way" to avoid this to happen AGAIN

Ng Oon-Ee ngoonee at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 22:45:59 EST 2009

On Fri, 2009-12-04 at 04:36 +0100, Arvid Picciani wrote:
> > Arvid Picciani wrote:
> >> It's done. All i want is to settle this in a useful way.
>
> Nathan Wayde wrote:
> > I originally identified you as a poisonous person and you just keep
> > confirming my theory.
>
> a I found a problem
> b I made aware of the problem
> c I have provided patches
> d I have provided packages
> e I have expressed the wish to find a way that suits both sides
> f You accuse me of being poisonous.
>
> I'm a strong person, but there are things i am not capable
> of just letting go. Calling someone who drives the very
> foundation You spit on poisonous is a very sad new
> addition to the foss world.

I'm unsure what foundation you're driving. Perhaps you code and package?
Well done to you then, such work is always appreciated. But it doesn't
come with the right to look down on and insult those who don't share
your vision on Linux, or Arch.

> Usually I'd take such insult with a grain of salt and swallow it,
> but seeing that You are backed by a very large amount of people,
> it might be wise to just accept that I'm not welcome anymore,
> in a world I once helped creating.
> Maybe I'm like a father who can't let his kids go,
> and i am indeed poisonous in a way that i deny
> the kids to make their own mistakes.
> For the time being,
> good luck on your journey.
> Just remember that the cake is a lie.
>
> /s/
> Arvid

/me thinks Arvid is perhaps Judd in disguise? 'deny the kids to make
their own mistakes', such as using software and DEs which you don't
agree with and think are fundamentally broken (but surprisingly 'just
work' (tm) for others).

I keep wanting to ignore these threads... somehow the absurdities keep
getting worse though.