[arch-general] kde4/kmail slow - anybody else notice or is it just me?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Tue Dec 8 02:41:15 EST 2009

Guys,

Quick request for confirmation. I generally have used tbird in the past but when doing the kde4.3beta tests, I resolved to use kmail and I have pretty much stuck with it since May. The issue I am seeing is a slowdown in kmail that I guess is 4.3.4 related.

Specifically I see a slowdown when I access a mail folder containing >2000 messages or so. Each time I leave and return to a folder (my arch folder for example) kmail reloads and re-sorts the entire folder taking some 20+ seconds each time. It is like all 'folder state' caching (for lack of better words) has been turned off. (if that is possible) Anybody else seeing a slow down in kmail?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC