[arch-general] testing: xf86-video-ati, libdrm - transparency lost in kde4 w/compiz

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Tue Dec 8 23:57:49 EST 2009

Xavier wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 9:14 AM, David C. Rankin
> <drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tuesday 08 December 2009 01:39:29 and regarding:
>>>         This is which radeon loaded in rc.conf due to the current hang in used with KMS. Anybody else see this?
>>>
>> Let me try that again:
>>
>>        This is with the radeon driver loaded in rc.conf instead of initramfs due to the current hang when used with KMS. Anybody else see this?
>>
>> fricking fat fingers....
>>

> so.. you are still using KMS, right ? And you did rebuild initramfs to
> exclude the old radeon driver from there, right ?
> And having the module in the initramfs or not should not affect anything at all.

Right!

	Seriously though, this is where I'm lost. I removed the radeon module from
mkinitcpio.conf, rebuilt and everything is working fine. I thought the push was
to PUT radeon in mkinitcpio.conf, but this last hang now has us REMOVE radeon
from mkinitcpio.conf -- so -- when I updated drm and radeon from 'testing' I am
not sure whether you want us to keep loading it in rc.conf or if you want us to
TEST it by putting it BACK IN mkinitcpio.conf and rebuilding?

	To rebuild OR NOT TO rebuild, THAT IS THE QUESTION??

p.s. -- that has a familiar ring for some strange reason....

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC