[arch-general] Quanta - Installed w/kde4, but ssh/sftp/fish upload choices are gone??

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Thu Dec 17 02:07:47 EST 2009

Listmates,

	With my latest install, I didn't install kde3, but I did install quanta since
that is what I use to maintain my home site. Tonight is the first time I've
actually used quanta since the fresh install of arch to my laptop.

	I didn't notice the problem until I went to upload changes and got an error
about my server being unavailable?? Checking further in 'Project -> Upload
Project -> Edit' I notice the only transfer methods available in the listbox
are 'file', 'ftp', 'webdav', 'webdavs'. Err... no ssh, fish or sftp anymore?

	I suspect the kde3 kio-slaves are missing and that quanta hasn't been updated
to make use of the kde4 stuff. Obviously, I can use ftp... until I tried to.
When I pressed upload, it was like I was trying to upload 200Mib instead of
the actual 20k that needed. It was simply crawling along.

	Has anyone managed to get the project -> update configured to work correctly
in quanta on kde4. If you did, how? What's the trick? I would hate to have to
install kde3 just to get the quanta upload feature back. What say the experts?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC