[arch-general] Udev rules

Majikinszzz majikins at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 08:27:29 EST 2009

Hi

I'm coming from an ubuntu background where this line in the udev.rule
file worked.
SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="0fd1", ATTR{idProduct}=="1000",
ATTR{bConfigurationValue}=="1",RUN+="/bin/bash -c 'echo 3 >
/sys/bus/usb/devices/%b/bConfigurationValue'"

However this does not work in Arch and I'm really struggling to
understand the udev wiki and udev rules - its going a bit over my head
at the moment.  I have experimented with trying this line from looking
at other udev rules:

SUBSYSTEM=="usb", SYSFS{idProduct}=="1000", SYSFS{idVendor}=="0fd1",
RUN+="/bin/bash -c 'echo 3 > /sys/bus/usb/devices/%b/bConfigurationValue'"

the device is then recognised but /var/log/messages then shows and
endless looping of the device be connected and disconnected.

I'm not sure what to do.

Please can someone help?