[arch-general] Kernel 2.6.32 and Radeon KMS

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Fri Dec 18 00:21:37 EST 2009

On 12/17/2009 07:52 PM, crdaley at gmail.com wrote:
> Are you sure the problem lies within the driver itself? The fact that
> you can't locate a regression with git bisect leads me to believe the
> issue would be with some other software, and with so much graphics work
> being done in so many different area areas it would very well be
> possible. Off the top of my head it could also be in mesa, the kernel,
> or X.Org.

Yes,

	I'm sure it is the driver. I haven't completed the bisecting despite having spent hours on it. With the driver there is no way to automate the process other than building, installing, restarting X and checking and then marking good/bad. To my shagrin, there were only 90+ commits within the good/bad window I have.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC