[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] Xorg changes / DRM modules

Heiko Baums lists at baums-on-web.de
Mon Dec 21 18:46:29 EST 2009

Am Tue, 22 Dec 2009 01:17:23 +0200
schrieb Nezmer at allurelinux.org:

> IMHO, Encouraging people to dasable KMS on official packages is more
> sane for now. Those who need the latest and greatest should do it on
> their own.
>
> (1) http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=33016

Please, don't make too many experiments in the stable repos and keep
the packages in the repos as close to the "stable" upstream releases as
possible. I don't think that having a git version in the repo is a good
idea anyway.

I can imagine that upstream already knows about the problems and is
already working on it.

I agree with Nezmer that people who want the latest unstable packages
should build them on their own from AUR.

If an official package completely doesn't work then I think downgrading
it to the latest working version is better than upgrading it to an
unstable version.

Greetings,
Heiko