[arch-general] MAYDAY - drm/mesa/libgl/radeon updates - laptop stuck in 1152x864 - kdm locks on logout!

Jan de Groot jan at jgc.homeip.net
Wed Dec 23 18:20:25 EST 2009

On Wed, 2009-12-23 at 03:37 -0600, David C. Rankin wrote:
> Err, yep slow is a nice way to put it. The question is how do I get
> back to the usable 2D hardware setup? Should I set KMS back up? I'm up
> to date with all packages except the mesa/drm/libgl packages I just
> downgraded 1 version. Everything was great before the  update today
> and the drm snafu. What's the best way to get back to the config I had
> 24 hours ago?
>
> I took /var/log/pacman.log and backed out all updates except the kde &
> gnome printer control center modules (I can't see them being related),
> but I'm still not back to where I was before the updates. Am I missing
> something?

KMS is not recommended for ATI at this moment, so we'll ship it disabled
by default. There's also no stable non-experimental 2D or 3D stack
supporting KMS, so we'll have to do with user mode setting.
At this moment, our driver in extra is a stable released version. This
released version is rather old, and there's about 10-15 commits on the
stable branch that should get applied to the package. This fixes several
issues, but hasn't made it into a release.