[arch-general] Virtualbox and Kernel 2.6.32.2-2

Guillermo Leira gleira at gleira.com
Wed Dec 30 05:55:20 EST 2009

Hello!

I have just upgraded to this new kernel, and I have a "little" problem: I
have an i686 Virtual Machine running under VirtualBox, on Windows XP. Since
this upgrade, as soon as I enter my password, the system gets completely
locked.

If I press Ctrl-Alt-F1, I can switch to tty1, but if I get back to login
screen and try to login, the system locks immediately.

I'm using gnome and GDM. I've been trying to uninstall virtualbox-utilities,
reinstall, etc, with no results.

Any ideas?

Best Regards,

Guillermo Leira