[arch-general] cdrecord instead of wodim

Grigorios Bouzakis grbzks at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 13:58:09 EST 2009

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 07:29:10PM +0100, Avramucz Péter wrote:
> Hi!
>
> What would you say to a wodim -> cdrecord transition? I have a bug
> here: http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/13181 .
> And Joerg Schilling wrote me, that cdrecord is still developed. So,
> what do you say?

I dont think this is going anywhere any time soon. I have put my hopes
on the Ubuntu gyus, but im not that optimistic.
Everyone knows cdrtools is better, everyone knows cdrkit is not really
maintained, but software and its quality is totally irrelevant in this
war. This is about egos.
Thanks to pacman and the way Arch package management works in general,
end users actually have a choice.

--
Greg

what to do and what not to do in public :o)
http://linux.sgms-centre.com/misc/netiquette.php