[arch-general] closed bugs, open comments?

Damjan Georgievski gdamjan at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 23:14:47 EST 2009

I find it pretty frustrating that once bugs are closed in
http://bugs.archlinux.org/ you can no longer add comments.
The only option you have is request re-opening of the bug, which, I
guess, would then frustrate the maintainer who closed the bug.

Adding comments to already closed bugs makes sense to me, since the
*discussion* is almost always not over when it's (too hastily?)
closed. Sometimes you want to add comments that strengthens the case
for closing the report, which also means the report will not be
re-opened in the future. Sometimes you need to supply more
information.

--
damjan