[arch-general] Problems with netcfg

Vincent Van Houtte vvh at synergylaw.be
Thu Feb 26 03:26:34 EST 2009

Op Wed, 25 Feb 2009 21:47:55 -0500
schreef Cristopher Thomas <clthomas at gmx.com>:

> I'm using the ath9k wireless driver, installed using the
> compat-wireless package.

I have posted my problems with this driver already on the
Archlinux-forum. The only way for me to have a reliable connection is
with the ndiswrapper-driver. The ath9k-driver did not work for me in
2.6.27 and still not in 2.6.28 (although I didn't test since .5 IIRC).

The symptoms were:
- taking a long time to make the connection
- slow network
- interruptions all the time

I also had a lot of problems with dhcpcd before switching to dhclient
(install dhclient + uninstall dhcpcd + set DHCLIENT="yes" inside your
profile)

So: for ath9k +wpa2 I had to use netcfg, ndiswrapper and dhclient.

During my tests I also tried the wpa_supplicant in testing, and since
this version is not compatible with netcfg, I cannot use netcfg at the
moment.

HTH
Vincent
--
Advocatenkantoor Suy, Van Baeveghem & Van Houtte
Brusselsestraat 108