[arch-general] Wrong keyboard layout in GDM since upgrade

Sébastien Mazy melyadon at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 03:29:36 EST 2009

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 09:59:09AM +0200, Grigorios Bouzakis wrote:
> Not everyone uses the two major DEs either.
> You are supposed to be able to rollback to previous releases your self
> anyway. Theres an awesome wiki page about it:
> http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Downgrade_packages

Thanks for the link. Actually I know how to downgrade but should a non
negligeable amount of users have to downgrade manually?

If everyone's box has to be broken for a package to be rolled-back,
maybe a simple news could be posted on the front page, for example:
"package x introduced a problem for some users with app y and z,
downgrade to previous package x if you're impacted". I think I'm not the
only one to check the news before updating, and even if it's posted
several days after the update was pushed, it's still good to know for
those who haven't updated yet.

BTW my point is not that updates should be perfect. I know devs have
limited time resources.

--
Sébastien Mazy